Companion Web Interface
The Companion computer hosts a useful web-interface with different pages for accessing parameters and functionalities associated with Companion. When a Companion computer is connected to a ground computer, a user can access the web-interface on 192.168.2.2:2770. Users can access Network, System, Camera and Routing pages alongside a number of other user friendly options as described below.
The web interface header displays the Companion software version. It provides navigation links to the main configuration pages available in the web interface, options to restart and shutdown the Companion computer, and a switch to enable advanced options on the current page (if available).
The web interface by default opens at the Network page. This page allows users to:
- Configure WiFi
- Check WiFi and Internet Status
- Configure Ethernet IP address
- Test the network for Uploads and Downloads
- Ethernet network configuration (advanced): The Ethernet interface can be configured as DHCP Server, DHCP Client or Manual (static) mode.
- Manual: Manual: The interface is configured with a static IP address. This is the default configuration. The default IP address is 192.168.2.2.
- DHCP Server: The interface is configured as a DHCP server on the 192.168.2.x subnet. The interface IP address will be 192.168.2.2 in this mode.
- DHCP Client: This is useful for connecting to a router.
The System page provides the following functionalities and features:
- Update software on Companion
- Display Companion computer hardware status parameters and detailed status of processes.
- Display current ArduSub firmware version on the autopilot
- Download, Update, or Restore pixhawk firmware
- Download a system log for the web interface
The Camera page allows the user to view and make changes to:
- Detailed camera settings including Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Sharpness, etc. among others
- Video Streaming settings including selecting a video device, format and frame size
The Routing page can be used to configure Serial and UDP endpoints as well as to create routes.
Apart from the four pages that can be accessed via direct links, Companion web interface also provides a few other pages for interacting with some more features.
MAVProxy page allows the user to:
- Adjust the MAVProxy settings
- Restart or Restore MAVProxy
Git page is used for:
- Displaying the current head
- Adding remote repositories
- Updating the system to development branches
Waterlinked page can be used to:
- Setup waterlinked underwater GPS driver
- Restart driver
Terminal over browser
Terminal page can be used to:
- Interact with the Companion from a web browser using terminal. (Useful for those who do not use Ubuntu/Linux)
File System Access
File Manager page can be used to:
- View, Download, delete, move, rename, or archive the files on the Companion computer directly from the web browser
Sponsored by Blue Robotics. Code released under the GPLv3 License. Documentation released under the CC-NC-SA 4.0.
Submit a Documentation GitHub Issue here to report any errors, suggestions, or missing information in this documentation.
Submit an ArduSub GitHub Issue here to report issues with the ArduSub software.